NOTE: THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP IS NOW FILLED. APPLICATIONS FOR A FALL INTERNSHIP (SEPT. – DEC.) WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS UNTIL FILLED.
Do you want to build your skills as a Writer and Editor? Do you have a passion for taking holistic approaches to philosophy, spirituality, and psychology?
Writing Wolf LLC, the company that publishes Joe Perez’s “Integral Spirituality in Real Life”, is seeking a summer intern with writing and editing skills. We are creating new models and pathways to connect people around divisive topics like religion, spirituality, politics, and culture.
The position is a minimum of 5 hours per week from June 1 to August 31 (start and finish dates can be flexible for the right candidate). Not a paid position, but we will support you in growing your professionalism with hands-on knowledge. Online with communication via phone and Skype (or in-person Seattle, Washington, one day per week).
- Assist in copyediting, tagging, obtaining photography for, and linking articles for the blog “Integral Spirituality in Real Life”.
- Disseminate and promote our blog articles on social media. Build new presences on social media platforms that are not currently utilized.
- Write by-lined articles occasionally for our blog or social media sites.
- Create memes using graphics tools to help communicate the ideas and themes of Integral spirituality to a wide audience.
- Research and curate articles on Integral spirituality.
- Help to arrange interviews or guest contributions for the site with third parties.
- Good technical skills in WordPress, Microsoft Word, and graphics creation tools.
- Knowledge of Integral Theory (Ken Wilber, etc.)
- College major in journalism, comparative religion, philosophy, psychology, or cultural studies. Divinity school, ministry, or theological education a plus.
- Candidates of age 18+ from students to retirees are welcome to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter with a statement of interest to email@example.com. Send a resume too if you have one.