NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP IS FOR THE ACADEMIC SEMESTER SEPT. 2018 – JANUARY 2019. APPLICANTS AGES 18+ (STUDENTS TO RETIREES) ARE WELCOME. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 20.
Do you want to build your skills as a Writer and Editor? Do you have a passion for taking holistic approaches to philosophy, spirituality, and psychology?
Writing Wolf LLC, the company that publishes Joe Perez’s “Integral Spirituality in Real Life” and other forthcoming publications is seeking an autumn/winter intern with writing and editing skills. We are creating new models and pathways to connect people around divisive topics like religion, spirituality, politics, and culture.
The position is a minimum of 5 hours per week from September 21 to January 15 (start and finish dates can be flexible for the right candidate). Not a paid position, but we will support you in growing your professionalism with hands-on knowledge. Online with communication via phone and Skype (or in-person Seattle, Washington, one day per week).
- Assist in copyediting, tagging, obtaining photography for, and linking articles for the blog “Integral Spirituality in Real Life” and other, forthcoming publications.
- Disseminate and promote our blog articles on social media. Build new presences on social media platforms that are not currently utilized.
- Write by-lined articles occasionally for our blog or social media sites.
- Create memes using graphics tools to help communicate the ideas and themes of Integral spirituality to a wide audience.
- Research and curate articles and links on Integral spirituality.
- Help to arrange interviews or guest contributions for the site with third parties.
- Good technical skills in WordPress, Microsoft Word, and graphics creation tools.
- Knowledge of Integral Theory (Ken Wilber, etc.)
- College major in journalism, comparative religion, philosophy, psychology, or cultural studies. Divinity school, ministry, or theological education a plus, but not required.
- Candidates of age 18+ from second-year college students to retirees are welcome to apply.
If you don’t have all these skills on day one, don’t worry. We will focus on the skills that you do have, and strengthen one or more of the skills that you want to improve upon.
To apply, send a cover letter with a statement of interest to email@example.com by September 20. Feel free to attach a resume too if you have one.