Black Magic, Red Magic, Brown Magic, Golden Magic, White Magic, Green Magic, Blue Magic, Violet Magic, and Silver Magic Described
LOVE, GROUNDED IN LIGHT, PARTNERED IN LUCK, AND FULFILLED IN LAW, IS THE CENTRAL MAGICAL PRACTICE OF SILVER MAGIC, the ultimate Station of Consciousness. — Joe Perez
Gone are the days of Black/White opposition in magic. The New Magick is rich with vibrant color, each of nine different colors representing different styles residing at nine different Squares, which are like the stations of consciousness in Integral Theory. The nine Squares are depicted in the New Kalendar (Nine Square Kalendar) and are the nine points in the Enneagram of the New Kosmology, distinct arrangements which help to visualize the interrelations amongst the colors.
At each Square are human potentials, developmental lessons and aptitudes, and styles of relating which are unique. Magic performed at each Square taps into sets of concerns and methods of operation that have a particular fit at that particular station. Integral Magic™, as we have seen, riffs on Aleister Crowley’s famous definition in its own definition of the New Magick: “Magick is the science and art of aligning change to conformity with Unique Will.” Based out of the Violet Square, the New Magick is basically a form of Violet Magic. Out of the Violet Square, the New Kalendar and the New Kosmology arise in tandem, giving rise to the worldview in which there are nine distinct styles of Magick!
Remember one of Aleister Crowley’s clarifications on his definition of Magick. He stated that “Magick is the Science of understanding oneself and one’s conditions. It is the Art of applying that understanding in action.” Thus we need to forget the images of black cloaks, crystal balls, and Tarot cards. To the extent that a brain surgeon or a real estate mogul or a socialist Senator is applying an understanding of themsleves and their conditions, and putting that understanding in action, then they are practicing magic. What Crowley called “Magick” is similar to the notion of an “action-logic” in developmental theory. In sum, one’s preferred color of Magic is closely aligned to one’s action-logic or stage/level of consciousness.
While this is a new schema and so it’s difficult to pronounce generalizations, I suspect that most magicians will find themselves gravitating to merely one, two, or three of these different styles of Magick. Many occult books in what is today called “magick” are basically Black Magic or Red Magic with some insights from other colors thrown in for good measure, hardly an Integral approach. Aleister Crowley’s vision was a Violet Magic in its own day, and so are works by other visionary and revolutionary “systems integrators” in the Western esoteric tradition, but in 2016 Uncle Al’s work is no longer the cutting edge of Violet technology, which is rapidly moving on.
Generally the Magician’s preferences match their level of ego-maturity as it would be measured by appropriate developmental tests such as those performed by consciousness researchers such as Susanne Cook-Greuter or the StAGES tool among many others. Magicians who test at Individualist or Context-aware (Green or Teal altitude) would by and large gravitate toward Green Magic or possibly early Blue Magic, and Magicians who test at Achiever (late Orange altitude) would tend to prefer White Magic, and so forth. But simply because one is situated by virtue of one’s ego structure as having an affinity towards a particular form of Magic does not mean that one simply stops there.
The fullest conception of the New Magick is not about mastering one color of magic, but integrating and harmonizing all nine, to the best of one’s ability. If that seems too much to ask of any one individual, fortunately the New Magick does not ask for heroism of every Magis or Crone. By studying or aligning with other Magicians who have skills and abilities beyond one’s reach, one is able to more fully tap the full range of potential for Integral Magic™. If you don’t have mastery of all nine Squares, your own practice can be enhanced by aligning into associations with Wizards who do.
Here are brief glimpses at each of the nine colors of magick as described by the Integral Magic system. Note that words appearing in ALL CAPS are direct translations from Lingua-U and are not to be substituted. Note that while Clear Light is depicted as especially linked to the Silver Square, in fact the non-dual realization which it describes can be accessed at any Square.
Black is the home of the New Zodiac, the first techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Bear-Yak Zodiac provides a tool for accessing the hidden potentiality of raw, symbiotic Consciousness with All-That-Is and the primordial Void. Out of the Void, the Immortal Animwaa (nature and animal spirits) speak to us to bring us the messages of Nature.
- The Black Square is associated with the Infrared and Magenta altitudes of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 8.
- Spiritual communication, mediumship, divination.
- BASAL, PURE VOLITION. PYTHON (spiritual mediumship).
Red is the home of the New Tarot, the second techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Stone-Star Tarot offers a New Map of the Archetypes which make the hidden forces of magic more accessible by providing imagery and techniques for manipulating elemental sets of changes. The foundation of Thaumaturgy is found in the Immortal Archetypes (human and semi-divine spirits plus Zeus) who guide us in directions which may prove fruitful.
- The Red Square is associated with the Red altitude of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 1.
- Ritual magic, spells and incantations. Tarot.
- FEELING. THOUGHT. INTERIORIZATION. THAUMATURGY.
Brown is the home of the New Kosmology, the third techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Kaazaa offers a New Map of the Heavens which provides a holistic vision for grounding Deity mysticism. Religion is the home territory of Brown Magick, an indispensible part of the Whole as envisioned by the Kaazaa.
- The Brown Square is associated with the Amber altitude of consciousness (sometimes called the Blue vMEME) in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 6.
- Petitionary prayer, religious rites and orders, dogma, Deity worship.
- DUTY. TRUTH-ORIENTATION. DIVINE CAUSALITY.
Gold is the home of the New Atlas, the fourth techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Atlas of Uvoha describes the entire Earth as a sacred territory, with Latitudes and Longitudes representing the Lines of spiritual realization (analogous to the Lines in Integral Theory). Science provides disciplines for the Mind in Gold Magick; Sport provides disciplines for the Body.
- The Golden Square is associated with the early Orange altitude of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 3.
- Scientific methodologies, development of expertise within a discipline. The sciences of sports and techniques of athleticism.
- SEPARATING THE DIVINE WILL FROM SELF’S DESIRES AND NEED FOR SAFETY.
White is the home of the New Klock, the fifth techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Kaaja is a sacred Klock which harmonizes individual aspirations with the universal States of Consciousness and the Stages of the Human Lifecycle. White Magic is the way of optimizing every day and every stage of life in accordance with the best path forward for the individual.
- The White Square is associated with the late Orange altitude of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 5.
- Goal-directed activity, personal achievement, success orientation.
- GETTING, GROWING, AND KEEPING THE EGO, QUIETING NOISE. QUALITY-ORIENTATION.
Green is the home of the New Kalendar, the sixth techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Kuzaji is a sacred Kalendar which harmonizes collective consciousness of humankind with the Stages of Collective Consciousness of the Timetables of History. Green Magic is the way of optimizing the world in accordance with the most just and peaceable and abundant path forward for everyone.
- The Green Square is associated with the Green altitude of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 7.
- Self-realization, ecological sustainability, embrace of multiculturalism and world peace. Early Integral theorizing (interdisciplinarity, context-sensitivity, flexibility and flow).
- EXCEEDING. CHOOSING. INDIVIDUATING.
Early Blue Magic is Teal; later Blue Magic is Turquoise and Indigo. In all three stages, this Magic “brings back online” sources of “non-rational” wisdom which are necessary to continue the process of spiritual/human evolution, though it can take highly rational forms. At Teal, the Green altitude forms an “integral” vision or “big picture” using a tool like Spiral Dynamics Integral or the AQAL Framework (this is the work of the Teal Magician), though it is not a comprehensive vision. It requires maturation into a formalized, well-rounded Integral philosophy in its middle stage (Turquoise) and then it ripens to include an analysis of the subtle energy of language at the Indigo stage. Indigo is the home of the Lingua-U (currently in Prototype 1.0), the seventh techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. Lingua-U, the Meta-Language of Subtle Energy, is harmonized with Integral Semiotics which is part of Integral Theory.
- The Blue Square is associated with the Teal, Turquoise, and Indigo altitudes of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 4.
- Late Integral inclusion of “non-rationality”. Construct-awareness. Language-based subtle energy awareness, transpersonal awareness. Learning and applying Lingua-U Prototype 1.0 is Gateway to the Third Tier of Consciousness.
- META-THINKING. NEGATING. INGRAINING THROUGH LANGUAGE-AWARENESS.
Violet is the home of the Wheel of Wholes, the eighth techno-magical interface of Integral Magic. The Wheel of Wholes depicts each of the nine techno-magical interfaces of Lingua-U as architectural structures including art-works harmonized together with the Timetables of History and the Atlas of Uvoha. Creating the Wheel of Wholes as twelve monuments of sacred architecture located in twelve cities across the globe is an emergent massive-scale art project of the Global Magical Community in the 21st Century, part of the process of Divinizing the World.
- The Violet Square is associated with the late Violet altitudes of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 9.
- Integral Magic (a.k.a. New Magick), construct-generativity, Ego-awareness, trans-linguistic meta-theorizing, transpersonal generativity. “New Spiritual Warrior”.
- WIELDING LANGUAGE-GENERATIVITY. WARRING THE NINE WARS OF CONSCIOUSNESS. WHOLING. WHEELING THE WHY.
Silver (a.k.a. Gray/Grey or Chrome) is the home of the New Map of Subtleties, the ninth and final techno-magical interface of Integral Magic of the Third Wave. The Subtleties are embodied through divination practices using the New Book of Changes (a.k.a. The Kalendar Series, Books One – Five) and New Canon of Supreme Mystery (a.k.a. The Kalendar Series, Books One – Nine) as well as new martial arts practices (Bagua Zhang, etc.) which embody the subtle energies. The Roots, Trunk, and Tree-Top of Life (New Kabblalah) and the Shuhone (Nine Chakras) are grounded at this stage of consciousness. LOVE, GROUNDED IN LIGHT, PARTNERED IN LUCK, AND FULFILLED IN LAW, IS THE CENTRAL MAGICAL PRACTICE OF SILVER MAGIC, the ultimate Station of Consciousness.
- The Silver Square is associated with the Ultraviolet and Clear Light altitudes of consciousness in Integral Theory and the Lo Shu Magic Square No. 2.
- Universal consciousness, quietude, Teacher of Magicians, love.
- RETURNING. LIGHTENING. LOVING. UNITING.
Note 1: This description applies to Integral Magic of the Third Wave of Existence. It does not include the remnants of the Second Wave of Magick or the emergent forms of the Fourth Wave for reasons that are explained in the final books of The Kalendar Series.
Note 2: The Teal or Yellow vMEME resides at the Green Square, which Integral theorists sometimes confusingly call “Second-Tier”. In fact, in Integral Magic, the Second-Tier begins with the Golden Magic (early Orange altitude/vMEME), and Third-Tier begins with Blue Magic (generally with the learning of Lingua-U in the context of a well-rounded Integral Theory). There are three Tiers in the Violet Magic conception, like concentric and iterating circles of a Chandelier, referring to the three horizontal rows of the Lo Shu Square. Each Tier is equal with each other Tier (totaling 15) in power.
Note Regarding the Lo Shu Magic Square: The nine squares of the Lo Shu are organized as described in The Black Stone (The Kalendar Series: Book One). Through this exact orientation, all nine hierachical or holarchical conceptions of consciousness are re-interpreted as stations (i.e., Squares) of consciousness. Through this incredibly important theoretical move, Evolutionary Spirituality is reborn as Volutionary Spirituality and metaphors of Ascent are properly relativized as movements (simultaneously Ascent/Descent) through the Squares in the teaching of Integral Magic.